Friday, May 27, 2011

How Far will Amoral Ambition take a Guy?


When I was a Lieutenant of Marines, this guy was a Major in the same squadron. One of the most unscrupulous, Machiavellian people I have ever known, willing to use up subordinates, back-stab contemporaries, and tell superiors anything they wanted to hear. He would have sold his grandmother into sexual bondage to get ahead.

After I left the service, I don't think I ever gave him another thought. But I just read today that he's "Obama's favorite general". I'm at a loss.

There was a time when I thought Generals were demigods, with some sort of wisdom beyond ours.

And speaking of amoral ambition, there's Hillary sharing the photo op....

2 comments:

Sgt. Jarhead said...

Typical. Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely.

Anonymous said...

You have to give huge credit to Norwich City,